Wilberforce Chambers has a versatile and experienced Civil Team ranging from newly appointed junior members to senior practitioners of over 25 years call and all levels in between.
Members practice principally in the following areas:
- Commercial property (CRAR, 1954 Act notices and applications, interpretation of leases).
- Residential and development property (contracts and transfers, land registration, joint ownership and ToLATA, adverse possession, covenants, easements, boundaries, duties of valuers and conveyancers, landlord and tenant, nuisance).
- Local government property and obligations (highways, public rights of way and access, housing and housing disrepair, compulsory purchase).
- Commercial litigation (contracts for the sale of goods, or supply of services, and all of the issues arising from such contracts).
- Wills and probate (including the interpretation of wills, Inheritance Act claims, capacity issues, undue influence).
- Partnership (the existence and terms of partnership agreements, assets, liabilities, dissolution).
- Consumer law (contracts for cars, caravans, motor homes and other consumer goods).
- Personal injury (occupiers’ liability, employers’ liability, road traffic, slipping/tripping and similar claims).
Members of the team are available to advise and represent litigants in cases throughout England and Wales.
Wilberforce Chambers Civil Team offers a professional service to solicitors and their clients. Members do not therefore presently accept any form of direct access work.