Dale Brook LLB (Hons) Northumbria, Call 2003
- Dale joined Chambers in June 2015 having previously practised in London and Leeds.
- Dale practises exclusively in criminal law and he has developed a reputation as a capable advocate in the Crown Court and Court of Appeal.
- Dale both prosecutes and defends and is regularly instructed in cases involving historical sexual offences, serious violence, drug conspiracies and dishonesty.
- Dale is a Level 2 Prosecutor. He has also prosecuted extensively in confiscation proceedings and has previous experience of working for HMRC dealing with condemnation and confiscation proceedings.
- R v J (2016) - Represented the defence in a case of serious historic sexual abuse. The defendant was acquitted of the most serious offences and the Crown offered no evidence on the rest.
- R v A and others (2016) - Defended in multi handed human trafficking case. Dale’s client was the first on the indictment and as a result of his cross examination of the two complainants the Crown offered no evidence against his client for human trafficking at the conclusion of the prosecution case.
- R v E (2016) - First on the indictment in a multi handed case of serious violence involving an assault with a baseball bat. The Defendant was acquitted after trial.
- R v H (2016) - Prosecuted a confiscation case involving the recalculation of the available amount 7 years after the original hearing. The case required complex legal submissions and detailed skeleton arguments. The court made the order for recalculation in full.
- R v A (2014) - Prosecuted case involving supply of class A drugs and possession of criminal property. The defendant was convicted after a trial of all counts.
Qualifications and Appointments
- LLB (Hons) University of Northumbria
- Level 2 Prosecutor for the Crown Prosecution Service
- Inner temple
- North Eastern Circuit
- Criminal Bar Association