Deborah Miller LL.B (Hons) Leeds, Call 2012 (admitted as a solicitor 1999)
- Deborah was admitted as a Solicitor in 1999 and in 2003 was admitted to the Law Society Children Panel (Adults and Children). She conducts matters in the following areas of practice:
- Deborah has experience in representing parents, children and family members in care and associated proceedings. She has represented children of all ages including those with complex needs and disabilities. She has appeared before the County Court and Family Proceedings Court on a regular basis in the East Riding, dealing with cases involving sexual and physical abuse, neglect and removal from jurisdiction. She has conducted Finding of Fact and Disposal Hearings.
- In addition, Deborah has represented parties to adoption proceedings and applications to Revoke Placement Orders.
- Deborah has represented parties in all aspects of Private Law proceedings including residence, contact prohibited steps and specific issue applications. She has been appointed to represent children in complex Private Law proceedings.
- Deborah has experience in dealing with Family Law Act and Prevention from Harassment Act Proceedings including applications for non-molestation orders and occupation orders. She has also represented parties to Committal Proceedings.
- Deborah also represents parties in divorce matters and has gained experience in dealing with Financial Remedy cases prior to and during the course of proceedings. She has also conducted applications made under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989.
Qualifications & Appointments
- LL.B. (Hons) Leeds
- Gray's Inn
- North Eastern Circuit
- Family Law Bar Association