Gaynor Hall LL.B. (Hons) Hull, Call 2013 (admitted as a solicitor 1995)
- Gaynor is a former Solicitor-Advocate with over 20 years experience of specialising in Family Law, in particular in children law. She qualified as a member of the Children Panel in 2000 and since that time has represented numerous Local Authorities, parents, interveners and children within all aspects of Public and Private Law proceedings and applications including:
- Care Proceedings (including applications to discharge care/supervision orders), Emergency Protection Orders
- Secure Accommodation Orders
- Special Guardianship Orders
- Placement Orders (including applications to revoke such orders)
- Adoption (including contact within adoption).
- Gaynor is regularly instructed by local authorities, in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, in complex cases involving non-accidental injuries, abuse and neglect. She also has considerable experience of representing both adults and children with learning difficulties and disabilities of various levels including the representation of parties by the Official Solicitor. She has also successfully appealed case management decisions made in the Family Proceedings Court and the County Courts.
- Gaynor has frequently been instructed by CAFCASS to represent children of all ages in proceedings and regularly represents teenage children who are Gillick competent.
- Gaynor appears regularly in the Family Proceedings Court, County Court and High Court. She has been led by Queen’s and junior counsel and conducts her own lengthy hearings. She is used to dealing with complex cases on very short notice.
- She has experience of intractable residence and contact disputes and has achieved changes of residence in such cases. Gaynor has also been involved in cases where children have given evidence in "Pigot" hearings. She has particular experience of acting in Special Guardianship cases and Rule 9(5) appointments.
Qualifications & Appointments
- University of Hull LLB (Hons) - 1992
- York College of Law - Solicitors Final Examinations - 1993
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors - 1995
- Past member of the SRA Family Law & Children Panels
- Qualified Solicitor-Advocate Higher Rights (Civil)
- Inn of Court - Inner Temple
- North Eastern Circuit
- Family Law Bar Association