January Scott LL.B. (Hons) Hull (First Class Honours), Call 2000
January Scott joined Wilberforce Chambers in 2001 following a career as a senior manager and consultant in the IT industry. Her practice comprises a mixture of civil law and matrimonial finance work.
- Property: in particular joint ownership and ToLATA, adverse possession, covenants, easements, boundaries, duties of valuers and conveyancers, landlord and tenant, nuisance.
- Commercial litigation: contracts for the sale of goods, or supply of services, and all of the issues arising from such contracts.
- Wills and probate: the interpretation of wills, Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claims, capacity issues, undue influence.
- Partnership: the existence and terms of partnership agreements, assets, liabilities, dissolution.
- Consumer law: contracts for cars, caravans, motor homes and other consumer goods.
January has a particularly busy practice in ToLATA and Inheritance Act claims, and her work in these areas frequently includes particpation in ADR and mediations as well as in court proceedings. January has also been a regular speaker at CPD seminars in these areas.
January has a wide-ranging experience of equestrian matters and undertakes equine (and other animal) related cases.
- Ancillary Relief and other matrimonial financial issues.
- Unmarried couples' property disputes, including common intention constructive trusts.
January specialises in property and financial matters and consequently does not accept instructions in any other areas of Family Law.
Qualifications & Appointments
- University of Hull, LLB (Hons) First Class Honours 1999.
- Junior Counsel to the Crown 2007 - 2012 and 2012 - 2017.
- Gray's Inn.
- North Eastern Circuit.