July 2017 Trinity Term
Principal Areas of Work
- Criminal Law
- Regulatory Law
Rachel is a confident and well-respected criminal practitioner. Rachel completed her pupillage at a criminal defence solicitors and joined Wilberforce Chambers in 2020.
Rachel has a busy prosecution and defence practice in the Crown Court.
Rachel prosecutes at Grade 3 level and has been instructed by the Complex Case Unit at the CPS as led junior in two large police operations.
Rachel defends in all manner of cases including those involving drugs, firearms, sexual offences and murder. Rachel has successfully secured acquittals for clients charged with offences including Rape, Sexual Assault, GBH and Armed Robbery.
Rachel is known for her down to earth manner and ability to put clients at ease. She is well regarded as a confident advocate with maturity beyond her year of call.
Rachel is ranked as a Rising Star in Crime (General and Fraud): ‘A formidable advocate who leaves no stone unturned in her quest for achieving the best possible outcome for those who instruct her.’ The Legal 500 (2024)- Crime (General and Fraud).
- R v P (2023) secured acquittal for serving soldier accused of sexually assaulting a female in a nightclub following a four-day trial at Hull Crown Court.
- R v A (2023) represented defendant who was acquitted of all nine counts on the indictment which included three counts of rape as well as offences of violence.
- R v N (2022) secured acquittal for defendant charged with coercive and controlling behaviour, intentional strangulation and ABH following a 6-day trial at Hull Crown Court.
- Operation Copperfield (2022): Rachel was led by Charlotte Baines and secured the convictions of nine men charged with conspiracy to steal and conspiracy to handle stolen goods.
- R v F (2022) instructed to represent defendant charged with murder. Following an indication that there would be an application to dismiss the prosecution reviewed the case and offered no evidence (Led by Jason Pitter KC).
Qualifications & Appointments
- BSc (Hons) Criminology and Forensic Science
- Graduate Diploma in Law- (Commendation)
- Bar Professional Training Course- (Outstanding)